Enhance the 4th of July festivities by being an outstanding party guest who actively contributes and supports the host. There are numerous ways to contribute and make the party more enjoyable for everyone. Consider bringing potluck items, games, or a thoughtful hostess gift. To inspire your contribution, here are some fantastic ideas for what you can bring to a July 4th party:
- A bottle of wine or champagne *for friends and people you know that drink
- A Build Your Own gift box with candles, salt, flowers, olive oil, and tea towel
- A Curated gift box with items for the home
- Seasonal flower bouquet or make your own with local flowers. We love the Trader Joes flower selection. Pick 3 or 4 types cut and arrange them in a mason jar or the jar from the pasta last week. I save them all; I never know when I’ll need a vase.
Potluck Items: Contribute to the July 4th party by bringing a potluck item, a wonderful way to actively participate in the celebration. When deciding on a potluck dish, there are a few key considerations to bear in mind. Firstly, it's important to know the estimated number of guests attending, ensuring you bring an adequate amount. Additionally, planning the transportation of your dish is crucial. To inspire your potluck contribution, here are a few simple and delightful July 4th dish ideas:
- Garden salad in a Reusable Bowl
- Cranberry corn bread
- Fruit skewers with mint
- Chips and Dip in a Ceramic Serving Dish
Games: Elevate the July 4th celebration by adding outdoor games to the festivities. Since these parties are often held outdoors, bringing backyard games is a fantastic way to contribute to the fun. Before deciding what games to bring, it's advisable to contact the host to inquire about their existing game selection, ensuring you don't bring duplicates. To inspire your contribution, here are a few readily available outdoor game supplies that are perfect for a July 4th cookout:
- Whiffle ball set
- Tag football set
- Pool toys ( ECO Water Balloons )
- Waterproof UNO (best game for all ages)
- Outdoor Water Park
Desserts: When unsure of what to contribute to a July 4th party, you can never go wrong with bringing a delectable dessert. Sweet treats are universally adored, and a homemade creation is an ideal gesture to express your appreciation to the host. To inspire your dessert selection, here are some delightful and festive ideas to bring:
- Red, white, and blue frosted cupcakes
- Chocolate covered pretzels with red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Red, white, and blue trifle
- Strawberry or blueberry cheesecake
- Apple, blueberry, or rhubarb pie (I love a nice Pie Dish as a gift, not many people have one) I pick up a pie from the desert counter and plop it into the dish.
When you inquire with the host about their needs, some hosts may openly request a specific item while others might be uncertain or insist that no contribution is necessary. Regardless, it's generally considerate to bring something, even if it's a small gesture such as a box of cookies or a bottle of wine. By following the guidelines mentioned above, you'll be well-prepared. Remember, your thoughtful effort will always be appreciated, and no one can fault you for trying to contribute in a kind and considerate manner!
Let us know if you need any help finding the perfect hostess gift today!